Healthy Peach Crisp with Oat Topping and Pecans
Sweet juicy peaches, hemp hearts, cinnamon, oats and roasted pecans make this healthy peach crisp simply irresistible!
About this Recipe
By: Hoorah to Health
This healthy peach crisp is best served warm with vanilla ice cream!
- 5 cups peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup oats, old fashioned rolled
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°. Slice the peaches and add them to a large mixing bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Toss to coat and then add the peaches to an 8×8 baking dish.
Add 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flaxseed, 1 tablespoon hemp hearts and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the mixing bowl and combine.
Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the dry mixture until combined and crumbly.
Stir in the chopped pecans and then spread evenly over the peaches.
Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and the peaches are bubbly on the edges.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired.
- You may substitute frozen peaches. Just be sure they are completely thawed. It’s recommended to place a bag of frozen peaches in the refrigerator overnight.
- You may substitute canned peaches. Choose those packed in water or juice (no heavy syrup) and drain.
- Peeling your peaches is not necessary! The skins are thin and will soften while baking.
- A 9×9 baking dish or pie plate may also be used.
- You can purchase a flax-hemp mix and avoid having to purchase them separately.
- May serve warm or cold. It’s also great for breakfast!