Hemp Seed and Blueberry Corn Muffins
A great addition to any brunch menu, these corn muffins are mildly sweet with pockets of juicy blueberries.
About this Recipe
The hemp seeds contribute a bit of crunch, plus omega-3 fatty acids and a little fiber. They are so yummy!
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Canola spray oil
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with spray oil.
In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, hemp seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey and vanilla.
Pour egg mixture into cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined.
Stir in melted butter and blueberries.
Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a few hemp seeds on top.
Bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes.
Cool briefly in the pan and then serve hot or at room temperature.
Enjoy these healthy, yummy treats!