Hemp Seed Soup
Soup hits the spot on a chilly fall day.
Lunch or Dinner
About this Recipe
By: All Recipes
In cooler weather, soup always satisfies!
- 4 cups water
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 2 leaf bay leaves
- 1/2 pound carrots, chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1/4 pound hemp hearts
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Step by Step Instructions
Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add vegetable bouillon to taste.
Add lentils and bay leaves and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add carrots, mushrooms, salt, and pepper; continue to simmer.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir onion mixture into the soup.
Cook and stir hemp seeds in a separate skillet over medium-high heat until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir toasted hemp seeds into soup.
Add cilantro and cook 5 minutes more.