Herb-Crusted Asparagus Spears
These garlic and parmesan-crusted asparagus spears make a tasty side dish, snack or party appetizer. Easy and elegant!
About this Recipe
If you love asparagus, you’ll love these herb-crusted spears. So yummy!
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 12 spears)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch of paprika
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Wash the asparagus. To remove the white bottom end, hold each asparagus spear with both hands and bend it near the white end. The white end will snap off.
Transfer hemp seeds to a small bowl and mix in the nutritional yeast, garlic, pepper, paprika, and breadcrumbs. Stir and set aside.
Arrange the asparagus spears side-by-side in a baking dish and sprinkle with the hemp mixture.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until asparagus are crispy.
Serve and sprinkle with lemon juice. Enjoy!