An earthy, richly-flavored starter dish, stuffed mushrooms are lovely on a buffet table. They require a bit of effort, but it will be worth every second.
6 to 8
About this Recipe
By: HempNut Cookbook
Stuffed mushrooms are a yummy appetizer, for any occasion!
- 24 medium to large button mushrooms
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 shallots, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated zest of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet white miso, dissolved in 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- generous pinch of dried rosemary
- generous pinch of dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shelled hempseed
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Wipe the mushrooms with a clean, damp paper towel and remove the stems. Coarsely chop the stems and set aside.
Rub each mushroom lightly with olive oil and place stem-side up on a baking sheet. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Place the remaining olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and shallots and place over medium heat.
When the shallots begin to sizzle, stir in the lemon zest, parsley, miso, mirin, rosemary and thyme and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the hempseed and bread crumbs. Adjust the salt to your taste.
Fill the mushroom caps abundantly, packing the filling. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is lightly browned.
Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle lightly with a fruity olive oil. Serve immediately. Enjoy!